SUNCO has a unique approach to farmer linkages, and also has its own cultivation besides having state of the art processing facilities and research development wing, which are extremely valuable to our customers and farmers.
We at SUNCO continuously redefine our strategies and approaches, to provide innovative solutions in the changing market scenarios and with focus to provide seamless and visible solutions to our customers and farmers
We believe innovation is the hallmark of a company and we have achieved organic growth by our innovation wing.
We continuously work to develop new methods at farmer level and implement advanced technology at processing facilities to optimize quality and efficiencies. In this regard we have been proven successful by achieving following:
For the last two years of our performance
› What we achieved
- Alternative fuels for curing, constructed solar barn.
- Nitrogen nutrition of FCV tobacco
- Sucker control in flue cured tobacco grown in NLS
- Design and development of tobacco leaf stringing machine
- Installation of micro-sprinklers in tobacco nursery
- Increased efficiency of the existing barns by ceiling roof, ventilators, doors and redesigning fuel system.
- Introduced machinery for plantation, oxidizing the soil and harvesting to minimize the processing and handling losses at farms level.
› What we are going to achieve
- Designing and testing of tobacco bale pressing and packing machine.
- Testing rice husks for burning alternative fuels to wood. Rice husks are the ‘cover’ surrounding the white grains removed by milling.
- Implementing Machine Vision Technology for objective measurements of various quality parameters - lamina particle size, stem length, stem diameter and stem content in lamina.
- Converting by-product to sheet tobacco or reconstituted tobacco. By-product: In GLT operations, around 8 to12% of the tobacco is packed as scrap (by-products) and these products are sold for the production of bidi and other low quality products at a low price.